TCMU-Greenville Birthday Party Options
BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGES
(Up to 15 children & adults)
(Up to 25 children & adults)
(Up to 35 children & adults)
(Up to 50 children & adults)
AFTER-HOURS: Host a private party in the museum! Please email [email protected] to book this option. An additional after-hours fee of $1,000 will be added to the above party package size you choose based on your guest count.
ALL TCMU-GREENVILLE BIRTHDAY PARTIES INCLUDE
ALL DAY access to the museum for all guests (valued at $180-$600)
Fully decorated, private party room for an hour and a half
Dedicated party host who manages all aspects of setup, cleanup, and facilitation
Party supplies (cups, plates, napkins, tablecloths, etc.)
1 Publix cupcake for each guest
Candle and lighter
Ice and water
Free entry for birthday child
Special TCMU gift bag for the birthday child
Designated cart to load additional food, drinks, and gifts
Photo booth backdrop and props
Birthday child’s music of choice from Spotify
HOW TO BOOK
Watch your child and their closest friends transform into mini artists!
This activity is for all ages. For our younger friends, creative finger painting is available.
Is your birthday child a Lego Master? Your child and their friends will work together to create Lego buildings and towers.
This activity is for all ages.
MAKE YOUR OWN PARTY HAT
Each child will decorate their own party hat with a variety of art supplies. Once decorated, it is time to show it off!
This activity is for children of all ages. Please be aware this activity may contain small parts that may be a choking hazard to small children.
Test your music AND bingo skills! Inspired by childhood movies, children will listen to the songs of famous princesses and villains and try to guess the vocalist.
This activity is for children ages 5 and above.
TCMU SWAG BAGS
Let us do you a FAVOR and supply the goodie bags for your child’s party! Each goody bag is packed with TCMU swag for your guests including a pencil, sticker, candy, and a coupon to the TCMU Store!
Gift bags are priced individually and TCMU recommends one gift bag per child. Purchased gift bags will be in the party room the day of your party.
Let us take care of creating the invitation for your child’s special day!
- ALL DAY access to the museum for all guests (valued at $180-$600)
- Fully decorated, private party room for an hour and a half
- Dedicated party host who manages all aspects of setup, cleanup, and facilitation
- Party supplies (cups, plates, napkins, tablecloths, etc.)
- 1 Publix cupcake for each guest
- Candle and lighter
- Ice and water
- Free entry for birthday child
- Special TCMU gift bag for the birthday child
- Designated cart to load additional food, drinks, and gifts
- Photo booth backdrop and props
- Birthday child’s music of choice from Spotify
- To book your party, please select the member or non-member option. You will then be prompted to select your desired date and your birthday party package. Add-on activities can be added to your cart during the check-out process.
- Your party is not reserved until payment is received in full via our online booking platform.
- TCMU does not book parties less than two weeks in advance due to staffing limitations.
- The TCMU Birthday Party Coordinator will be in touch within 3-5 business days to confirm your request and follow-up with additional details.
- Parties canceled within 31 days will receive a full refund.
- Parties canceled within 30 days may not be refunded but may be rescheduled up to a year from the original party date (based on availability).
- If TCMU were to close for any unexpected reason, including inclement weather, TCMU can reschedule your party (based on availability) or offer a refund.
- TCMU will not refund any parties requesting a downgrade in guest count after a party has been booked.
- TCMU will not reimburse the cost for any guests who do not attend your party. TCMU recommends booking a smaller package if you are unsure of your exact guest count. You can upgrade closer to the time of your party if additional guests confirm their attendance.
- If you are above your headcount the day of your party, you will be charged a convenience fee of $10 per person. This can be paid upon arrival or at the end of your party.
- If you do not arrive for your birthday party on the day it is scheduled, TCMU will not issue a refund. You may purchase and book a new party for a different available day, but your original party cannot be rescheduled.
- A birthday cake! Please note, due to the delicacy of custom cakes, party hosts and TCMU staff are not permitted to handle cakes. TCMU asks that a designated adult move the cake from the cart to the table.
- Your own food! Food set-up and break-down must be facilitated within the hour and a half birthday party time slot. TCMU recommends Chick-fil-a nugget trays, sandwich trays, or pizza.
- Tabletop decorations and cupcake toppers
- Non-latex balloons
- Goody or gift bags for guests
- TCMU appreciates being informed prior to your party of what food and beverage items you will be bringing for your party.
- Please keep other’s allergies in mind and refrain from serving items that include nuts.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- If you choose to have your food delivered to the museum, please inform TCMU Staff upon your arrival. Under no circumstances will TCMU Staff leave a tip for the driver. Any gratuity you would like to add to your order must be paid prior to delivery.
- TCMU cannot guarantee that there will be a refrigerator available for your party. It is recommended to bring food and drinks 15-30 minutes before the party starts.
- Alcohol, sternos, canned heating tools or any open flame.
- Due to lack of space in the party rooms, please do not bring any large coolers.
- Due to choking hazards, please do not bring latex balloons. We ask that you refrain from bringing any hanging décor that could damage the walls, balloon arches, or piñatas.
- All guests will be prompted to check in at Admissions via the guest list you provide for your party.
- You and your guests will be instructed to leave all party supplies or gifts on your designated party cart if you arrive prior to 15 minutes before the start of your party.
- You can access your party room 15 minutes prior to your party. Please note, if you do choose to arrive early, party hosts may be finalizing the room. TCMU guarantees a completed party room by your party’s start time.
- In order to take advantage of your all-day museum access, TCMU recommends 2-3 hours before or after your party time slot for free museum play.
- Guests may arrive as early as 9AM Tuesday-Saturday and 11AM on Sundays at TCMU-Greenville.
Your party host will facilitate the cleaning of the party room so you and your guests can play until the museum closes at 5PM. Your party host will take your cart upstairs until you are ready to leave. Please note, TCMU staff will do its best to ensure the safety of your items by placing carts in a supervised area but are not responsible for any lost or damaged items. You may take your cart to your vehicle for loading. Empty carts must be returned to TCMU by 4:55 pm.
- Please note that our party packages are designed so that you can enjoy your child’s birthday and let us do the heavy lifting! Every room is decorated with colorful and festive birthday party décor. If you would like to bring something specific, you are welcome to do so as long as it is an approved item. There is no discount if you do not want to use TCMU’s birthday party décor.
- If you choose to bring your own decorations, our party hosts will not be responsible for hanging or setting up the décor. Their focus is on the party elements included in your package. Your party host will likely offer help, but please note that they are not required to set everything up for you.
- Party parents are welcome to access the party room 15 minutes prior to your party. Please note, if you do choose to arrive early to set up your own decorations, party hosts may be finalizing the room. TCMU guarantees a completed party room by your party’s start time.
- TCMU cannot guarantee access to a refrigerator, so please plan accordingly.
- If refrigerator access is available, TCMU is not able to store the food until the previous party is complete and the party hosts have finished cleaning.
TCMU party hosts work extremely hard to facilitate the best birthday party experience possible. While they are not permitted to accept tips, offering a positive review or sharing a slice of pizza or a cupcake is a fantastic way to show your appreciation. Please note this is not an obligation.
Every party package has a different maximum number of total party guests, inclusive of children and adults. Each package is priced based on staffing and material costs.
- CREATE IT (Up to 15 Individuals): $250 (Members, $225)
- IMAGINE IT (Up to 25 individuals): $350 (Members, $315
- DISCOVER IT (Up to 35 individuals): $500 (Members, $450)
- DREAM IT (Up to 50 individuals): $650 (Members, $585)
Yes, TCMU birthday party packages include children and adults.
- Yes, any parents or caregivers of the birthday child, as well as siblings, are included in the number of guests.
- The birthday child is not included in the number of guests. Their admission is a gift on behalf of TCMU!
Children cannot be dropped off for a TCMU birthday party. Children must remain with a parent or guardian while in the museum at all times.
Children 6 months and under are not included in the guest count. However, TCMU requires that their names are still included on the guest list for check-in purposes.
- If you are above the allotted guest count on the day of your party, you will be charged a convenience fee of $10 per person. This can be paid upon arrival or at the end of your party and applies to all adults and any children above the age of 1.
- If additional guests confirm their RSVP prior to your party, above and beyond your pre-booked guest count, you can pay the difference to upgrade to the next package above your original package.
TCMU will not reimburse the cost of the guests who did not attend the party. TCMU recommends booking a smaller package if you are unsure of your exact guest count. You can always upgrade as RSVPs are confirmed.
Membership status only applies to adult guests.
Please note parking is limited on the weekends. TCMU recommends taking this into consideration when preparing for your arrival.
- Parking is available in the Heritage Green parking deck . TCMU does not validate parking tickets.
- Handicapped parking is available in the lot at the rear of the museum.
- Additional parking options include the Landmark Building Parking and Richardson Street Parking Garage
- Face coverings are optional for museum entry. Per CDC guidelines, it is strongly recommended that guests wear masks when Covid-19 community levels are high regardless of vaccination status. Anyone with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 should wear a mask regardless of community levels.
- The party room is thoroughly cleaned before and after each party.
For questions not answered by this FAQ page, please contact us at [email protected] or 864-233-7755.
TCMU reserves the right to photograph or video visitors during regular, open hours for internal or commercial use in print or electronically to promote the services and offerings of the museum. If you prefer your party to not be photographed it is your responsibility to inform TCMU staff upon arrival.