Host your next event at Greenville’s most playful and engaging event space!
With a convenient downtown location, TCMU offers a unique venue for a memorable corporate or personal event. Rental options range from a full museum rental to a private conference room.
Includes screen for presentations.
Capacity: 18 seated, 60 standing
Capacity: 75 seated, 150 standing
Capacity: 160 seated, 200 standing
“To the The Children’s Museum of the Upstate, WOW, we loved working with you! You went out of your way to make this night happen. Your value for hosting an exceptional event cannot be understated. For anyone out there looking for a venue, we had an amazing experience with TCMU!”
Frequently Asked Questions
- After-hours rentals can begin set-up at 5:30 pm. Guest entry must be at 6:30 pm or later.
- All event guests must exit the museum by 10:00 pm, with breakdown complete by 11:00 pm.
Yes! The Big Idea Conference Room and Be Anything Place are available to rent during museum hours. The Café & Patio, as well as the entire museum can be rented during the day on a case-by-case basis. Please submit an inquiry and a TCMU Staff member will be in touch.
- The event host is responsible for:
- Providing staff to oversee admission and check-in for the duration of the event.
- Securing any food, beverage or entertainment vendors. TCMU does not provide food or beverages. Alcohol is permitted at rental events.
- Removal of all event items from the event space after the event.
- Removal of all leftover food from the event space after the event.
- Disposal of waste in the dumpsters located behind the museum.
- The Big Idea Conference Room has a screen for presentations.
- Be Anything Place has a projector and screen for presentations.
- The Big Idea Conference Room and Café & Patio include tables and chairs.
- All other rental spaces do not include A/V equipment, tables, or chairs.
- TCMU offers limited event furniture rentals upon request.
- Room configuration fees will apply if the event host chooses to edit the current layout of the space. The event host is not permitted to move facility furniture.