Welcome to The Wonder Club!
Here at The Children’s Museum of the Upstate, we believe wholeheartedly in the power of “wonder.” That’s why it’s one of our six core values. We love it so much we created an entire club just to encourage young learners to follow their curiosity! Introducing our course line-up for spring 2024:
- SOLD OUT February 10, 10am: Fun with Frosting Cupcake Decorating
Young bakers will learn cupcake decorating techniques including how to pipe icing. Students will take home the Valentine-themed cupcakes they decorate! This workshop is led by expert baker and former schoolteacher Christine Wiethop, owner of Baking Sweet Scents.
- March 2, 10am: Gyotaku Printmaking
Young artists will dive into the world of Japanese fish printing, known as Gyotaku. Guided by Lauren Runion, founder of Yellowbobbypins Art Camp, students will use silicone molds to explore the fascinating technique of creating vibrant and unique fish prints.
- April 13, 11:30am: Gourmet Grilled Cheese
He’s been called a culinary prodigy. Chef Mike of White Wine and Butter has the gift of taking something simple and creating a masterpiece with precision and excellence. Now he’s sharing his wisdom in this special grilled cheese cooking class.
The cost per class is $5 for TCMU Members (adult or child), and $14 for non-members (adult or child), which includes admission to the museum and all-day play. Advanced registration is required for both adults and children. Classes are non-refundable. All children must be accompanied by an adult to the class.
Use the links below to register individually.
- Paid parking is available in the Heritage Green parking deck.TCMU does not operate this parking deck.
- Fees vary by time and the maximum fee is $4.
- Handicapped parking is available in the lot at the rear of the museum.
- Additional parking options include the Landmark Building Garage and Richardson Street Parking Garage.
- Wonder Club is for children ages 5-12.
- Adults are required to stay with their children at all times.
- Please plan to stay with your child(ren) for the duration of their visit.
- Admission is included in the cost of Wonder Club entry.
- If you are interested in teaching a Wonder Club Workshop, please reach out to [email protected].
- Questions about general museum polices will be answered here: https://tcmupstate.org/greenville/plan-your-visit/faqs/