a summer of learning, discovery & play
Sign your camper up for a play-filled learning experience at TCMU-Spartanburg! Each camp day is infused with STEAM-based learning and museum exploration based on a weekly theme.
Summer camp at TCMU-Spartanburg is for potty-trained rising 3K, 4K & 5K learners and includes school readiness skill building.
Book by the day for extra flexibility.
June 17-July 19
Book camp by day or multiple days
$48 per day
$43 per day
BEFORE YOU BOOK:
- Summer Camp at TCMU-Spartanburg can be booked by the day.
- Camp is offered for a half-day from 9am-12pm.
- Drop-off begins at 8:45am with doors closing at 9am, and Pickup begins at 11:45am with doors closing at 12pm.
- To register, click the link below to be redirected to our CampBrain portal. If you are registering through our CampBrain portal for the first time, you will be asked to create an account. Returning registrations can log in as a returning user to register.
- Once you are logged into your CampBrain account, choose the camp you would like to register for and follow the prompts to complete registration. Please note that only TCMU camps that are currently open for registration will be available on your CampBrain home page.
- Online registration only. Contact [email protected] for registration questions, to reschedule camp, or use a credit from 2023.
Sign up now for summer camp 2024!
Calling all curious-minded young inventors or tinkerers! Geared toward builders, shakers, and future prototype makers, this camp offers hands on experience for campers to delve into the fascinating world of engineering through engaging activities and projects.
Embark on a week-long adventure that propels young space enthusiasts into the wonders of the cosmos. Campers will embark on a space odyssey, learning about planets, stars, and galaxies through engaging games and class lead STEAM activities. Cosmic Cadets is the perfect launchpad for an out-of-this-world summer experience.
No camp this week!
Bring science to life in a bubbling, fizzing, and colorful spectacle! Geared toward young experimenters and future chemists, this camp is a hands-on laboratory full of fun and learning. From creating wild reactions to unlocking the mysteries of the science world, Kooky Chemists is sure to be an immersive experience that sparks curiosity and fuels a love for scientific discovery.
Seeking thrills, challenges, and the excitement of solving mysteries? Adventure into the captivating world of forensics and detective work through hands-on activities, fake crime scenes, and engaging puzzles. Whether decoding secret messages or examining fingerprints, campers will sharpen their analytical skills, enhance their teamwork abilities, and unravel intriguing mysteries.
- Parents are encouraged to register online. If you need assistance with registration, please e-mail [email protected] or come in person to TCMU and one of our Guest Services representatives will be happy to help! TCMU is not able to register for camp over the phone.
- Please note: Individual orders must be placed per camper. You cannot purchase camps for multiple campers at a time.
Each week is jam-packed with themed STEAM-based activities in addition to supervised free play in the museum and group games. Our curriculum provides campers the opportunity to learn and explore in the museum’s unique and playful setting.
Food is not provided by TCMU unless in special circumstances. Please pack a snack for each shift of camp that your camper attends, as well as a water bottle. Peanut and tree nut products are prohibited.
- Drop-off for AM camp is from 8:45AM-9:00AM. Doors will close at 9:05AM, respectively.
- Should the door be closed when you arrive late, please go to the main entrance and request pickup of your camper with the Guest Services staff. Late pickup is subject to a $10 charge for every additional 10 minutes of supervision.
- Guardians, please park on Magnolia Street and wait with your camper(s) for a staff member to escort your child inside. Do not send your child inside without a staff member escorting them to the door.
- If you choose to park, please park in the Magnolia Street Parking Garage or at one of the street parking spots. The Magnolia Street Parking Garage allows you to park for 2 hours free. Please walk your camper(s) to the front of the building and wait for a staff member to escort your child inside.
- Pick-up for camp is from 11:45AM-12:00PM. Doors will close at 12:05pm.
- Guardians, please park on Magnolia Street and wait for a staff member to sign-out your child.
Provide the name of your camper and your photo ID to the staff member, and your child will be escorted to you. Photo ID is required for all adults picking up any child, even parents!
- All campers attending TCMU camp must be potty trained and independent in the restroom.
- Camp staff will not enter the restroom with any camper under any circumstances, or help them dress or undress. Campers must be independent in the restroom, and must be able to alert camp staff that they need to use the restroom if needed outside of regularly scheduled breaks.
- In the event of a potty accident, campers will need to be picked up as soon as possible.
- TCMU does not offer refunds for camp cancellations.
- Camp reservations may be rescheduled for a $10 rebooking fee.
- Camp reservations can be canceled for a credit to be used a maximum of 1 year from the date of cancellation. These funds can only be applied to future TCMU camps and are not applicable to memberships, admissions, store credit, or any other purchases.
- In the event of a cancellation by the museum, funds may be moved to another camp if space is available at the discretion of TCMU, or given as a credit.