General Museum Information
TCMU-Spartanburg's exhibits and programs are designed for children ages 0-6.
We recommend allotting 2 hours if it is your first visit to TCMU-Spartanburg. With two floors of exhibits, there is plenty to fill your time!
- Free weekly programming is offered every day except Sunday. TCMU-Spartanburg offers Story Time & More, Open Art and steamWORKS Jr.. To learn more click here.
The museum is regularly open Tuesday-Sunday and operates seven days a week in June and July. The museum occasionally closes for specific holidays and events, including (but not limited to): Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Day, and for annual Staff Training. Please click here for more information on planning your visit.
General admission tickets are non-refundable. If your plans change, tickets may be used one year from the purchase date. Tickets are transferable and may be redeemed by someone other than the purchaser. Please note all transferable tickets are subject to museum capacities at time of visit. Only ticketholders for exact day and time, and museum members, are guaranteed entry.
No. All adults must be accompanied by a child. If you would like a guided tour of the museum, please e-mail [email protected] to schedule your visit. All appointments must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
All children must be accompanied by a caregiver age 16 years or older. For group visits and field trips, no more than 5 children per chaperone will be admitted.
Yes. Admission covers all-day exploration. A sticker will be provided at check-in that will allow you to leave and return during museum hours of the same day.
Museums for All offers $3 admission for visitors who show an EBT or eWIC card. This discount is available for all household members and cannot be used for group visits or field trips. Learn more here. TCMU also offers discounted admission for educators, homeschool teachers, active or retired military and senior citizens.
Infants & Toddlers
Absolutely! If needed, there is unattended stroller parking on the main museum floor.
Breast or bottle feeding is welcome anywhere in the building that a caregiver is most comfortable. A private Nursing Nook, with a changing table and sink, is available on the 1st floor.
All TCMU-Spartanburg exhibits are toddler friendly! Both floors also include enclosed toddler areas with soft surfaces that are perfect for crawling and exploring.
TCMU-Spartanburg does not offer food and beverages for purchase.
You are welcome to pack your lunch or snacks for the day. We ask that you enjoy all food and drink at the picnic tables located directly in front of the museum or in the Book Nook.
Accessibility and Inclusion
Yes! Our entire museum is wheelchair accessible. TCMU’s facilities and all exhibits, are ADA accessible. Elevators and accessible bathrooms are available on each of the museum’s two floors. The museum’s main entrance is also accessible.
- Service animals, animals in training to be service animals or animals involved in museum programs approved by the museum are permitted at TCMU. “Emotional support animals”, “comfort animals”, “companion animals”, and “therapy animals” that are not individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability are not considered service animals under the ADA.
- The museum is not required to care for, clean up after, or supervise animals, including service animals.
Algunos materiales y letreros del museo están disponibles en español. ¡Siempre estamos trabajando para agregar más! Empleado de admisiones estará encantado de ayudarle con los materiales traducidos. Si es necesario empleados bilingüe está disponible para ayudar a su familia.
Yes! Please note, as a non-for-profit organization, The Children’s Museum of the Upstate has a limited number of admission passes to distribute to like-minded organizations. Priority consideration will be given to fundraising efforts.
- Organizations must have a non-profit status and provide a 501(c)3 Tax ID Number and IRS letter.
- Organizations must focus on families, children, and/or educational efforts in our region.
- A request for donation must be submitted at least two (2) months prior to your fundraising event.
- Only one (1) request will be granted per organization per calendar year.
- Any donated tickets must be redeemed within six months of event date.