Lights, Camper, Action!
Join us for winter camp at TCMU!
Get ready for the merriest adventure around… winter camp at TCMU!
Campers must be at least 5 years old to participate. Designed for K5-5th graders, each day will be a holly-jolly good time as we highlight a favorite holiday movie:
Frosty the Snowman (Monday), The Grinch (Tuesday), Elf (Wednesday), Polar Express (Thursday) and Home Alone (Friday).
We won’t be watching these movies— we’ll be immersed in them! The day will be packed with fun, STEAM-based activities, creating memories that rival even the best Christmas classics!
Book camp by individual days
Book camp by individual days
- Members: Please click “verify your membership” at the top of the cart page to apply your discount. Membership discounts cannot be applied retroactively to existing bookings.
- Individual orders must be placed per camper. You cannot purchase camps for multiple campers at a time.
- For registration questions, please contact [email protected], or view our FAQs below.
- Please note that you will need to add each individual day to your cart before processing payment. Select the day you’d like to book from the list below to add it to your cart. Return to this page and add additional days to your cart before proceeding to registration and payment.
Monday: Frosty the Snowman
❄️Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! ❄️
We may not get to see much of the white stuff in South Carolina, but we’ll see plenty during Frosty the Snowman camp! Campers will do a snow globe experiment and make their own to take home! They’ll also participate in a snowman building relay!
🎄 Get ready for a camp adventure that’s as magical as Frosty the Snowman himself! 🎄
Tuesday: The Grinch
🐶This is a camp experience even the Grinch would adore!🐶
Campers will help Grinch’s shriveled heart 💚 grow three sizes in a unique science experiment! They’ll also work together to build a new tree for Cindy Lou Who and burn off some energy with Grinch Tag!
❓WHO wouldn’t want to be a part of this Grinch-tastic day of camp? ❓
🎅🏻Don’t be cotton-headed ninny-muggins and miss out on this winter adventure!🎅🏻
Campers will become Santa’s helpers by making their own jack-in-the-box! They’ll also build sleighs, have a snowball fight and play 🚕 taxi cab tag!
🗽It’ll be more fun than Buddy’s journey from the North Pole to the Big Apple!🗽
Thursday: Polar Express
🚂 All aboard the Polar Express, destination: TCMU! 🚂
Campers will craft their very own edible Gingerbread Express. Decorate it with gumdrops, pretzel sticks and sweet surprises, just like in the movie! They’ll also embark on a collaborative team mission to move their train along the track.
🎟️Don’t miss the chance to get a ticket for this train!🎟️
Friday: Home Alone
🏠 You won’t have to be Home Alone when you’re part of TCMU’s winter camp fun! 🏠
Campers will engineer traps for Harry and Marv that even Kevin McCallister would approve of! They’ll also compete in an epic battle of Home Alone Tag to protect their home from the burglars!
🎄Enjoy laughter, pranks, and a dash of holiday magic during Home Alone camp!🎄
Frequently Asked Questions
- Parents are encouraged to register online. If you need assistance with registration, please e-mail [email protected] or come in person to TCMU and one of our Guest Services representatives will be happy to help! TCMU is not able to register for camp over the phone.
- Please note: Individual orders must be placed per camper. You cannot purchase camps for multiple campers at a time.
- Each day is jam-packed with holiday lessons and activities based on well-loved holiday movie classics in addition to supervised free play in the museum.
- Our curriculum provides campers the opportunity to learn and explore in the museum’s unique and playful setting.
- Please pack a snack for your campers that meets your child’s tastes, allergies or other dietary restrictions. No peanut products are allowed by campers as we have some children attending camp with severe allergies that can be triggered by particle dust. Please note any allergies on the registration form.
- Drop-off for AM camp is from 8:45AM-9:00AM. Doors will close at 9:00am.
- Guardians, please park in the Heritage Green parking lot and walk your camper(s) to the side entrance where a staff member will be waiting to escort your child inside. Do not send your child from the parking lot to TCMU without escorting them to the door.
- After parking in the Heritage Green lot, walk your child along the sidewalk behind Greenville Theatre and the Greenville County Museum of Art to the concrete pad behind TCMU.
- Continue your path on the right side of the outdoor playground until you reach the check-in table. Wish your camper a good day at camp and return to the parking lot to exit prior to the 15-minute grace period ending.
- Heritage Green offers a 15-minute grace period before anyone will be charged for parking, so you will not be charged for dropping off your child at camp; however, you will receive a parking voucher the morning of your child’s day of camp. Should Heritage Green ask for payment, you can provide the parking validation.
- Pick-up for AM camp is from 11:45AM-12:00PM. Doors will close at 12:00pm.
- Guardians, please park in the Heritage Green parking lot and walk to the check-in / check-out table at the side entrance where the camper was dropped off.
- Provide the name of your camper and your photo ID to the staff member, and your child will be escorted to you.
- Remember to return to the Heritage Green lot within 15-minutes to avoid incurring a charge. Should you need an additional parking validation, please ask for one.
- Please note, unless an adult has been added to the approved pickup list notated during registration, they will not be allowed to pick up your camper.
- All campers attending TCMU camp must be potty trained and independent in the restroom.
- Camp staff will not enter the restroom with any camper under any circumstances. Campers must be independent in the restroom, and must be able to alert camp staff that they need to use the restroom if needed outside of regularly scheduled breaks.
- In the event of an accident, campers will need to be picked up as soon as possible.
- TCMU does not offer refunds for camp.
- Camp reservations may be rescheduled for another day of Winter Camp 2023 only for a $10 rebooking fee.
- In the event of a cancellation by the museum, funds may be moved to another camp if space is available at the discretion of TCMU.