A summer of learning, discovery & play
Sign your camper up for a play-filled learning experience at TCMU-Greenville! Each camp day is infused with STEAM-based learning and museum exploration based on a different weekly theme.
Summer camp at TCMU-Greenville is for rising Pre-K to 5th grade learners. Camp must be booked by the full week.
June 17th - July 19th
Book camp by full week.
$235 for non-members
$215 for members
Sign up now for summer camp 2024!
BEFORE YOU BOOK:
- Registration for TCMU Camp will be offered through our CampBrain portal. Members, please be prepared with your member number and any discount codes before you book.
- Summer Camp at TCMU-Greenville will be booked by the week.
- Camp is offered for a half-day from 9am-12pm. Dropoff begins at 8:45am with doors closing at 9am, and Pickup begins at 11:45am with doors closing at 12pm.
- To register, click the link below to be redirected to our CampBrain portal. If you are registering through our CampBrain portal for the first time, you will be asked to create an account. Returning registrations can log in as a returning user to register.
- Once you are logged into your CampBrain account, choose the camp you would like to register for and follow the prompts to complete registration. Please note that only TCMU camps that are currently open for registration will be available on your CampBrain home page.
- Registration must be completed online. Contact [email protected] for registration questions, to reschedule camp, or use a credit from 2023.
Calling all curious-minded young inventors or tinkerers! Geared toward builders, shakers, and future prototype makers, this camp offers hands on experience for campers to delve into the fascinating world of engineering through engaging activities and projects.
Embark on a week-long adventure that propels young space enthusiasts into the wonders of the cosmos. Campers will embark on a space odyssey, learning about planets, stars, and galaxies through engaging games and class lead STEAM activities. Cosmic Cadets is the perfect launchpad for an out-of-this-world summer experience.
No camp this week!
Bring science to life in a bubbling, fizzing, and colorful spectacle! Geared toward young experimenters and future chemists, this camp is a hands-on laboratory full of fun and learning. From creating wild reactions to unlocking the mysteries of the science world, Kooky Chemists is sure to be an immersive experience that sparks curiosity and fuels a love for scientific discovery.
Seeking thrills, challenges, and the excitement of solving mysteries? Adventure into the captivating world of forensics and detective work through hands-on activities, fake crime scenes, and engaging puzzles. Whether decoding secret messages or examining fingerprints, campers will sharpen their analytical skills, enhance their teamwork abilities, and unravel intriguing mysteries.
- All camp ages groups are intended for “rising” campers of that grade.
- Pre-K camp is for 3K and 4K learners. The minimum age for camp is 3 years old and all campers must be fully potty-trained.
- K5-5th grade camp is for rising Kindergarteners through rising 5th graders.
- TCMU recommends that campers that are comfortable with group projects, science experiences and solo art projects should enroll in K5-5th grade camp. It is recommended that campers still getting comfortable with shapes and colors should enroll in PreK. Caregivers are welcome to select the option that they feel best suits their young learner. For questions about which option is best for your child, please contact [email protected].
Parents are encouraged to register online. If you need assistance with registration, please e-mail [email protected] or come in person to TCMU and one of our Guest Services representatives will be happy to help! TCMU is not able to register for camp over the phone.
Please note: Individual orders must be placed per camper. You cannot purchase camps for multiple campers at a time.
Each week is jam-packed with themed STEAM-based activities in addition to supervised free play in the museum and group games. Our curriculum provides campers the opportunity to learn and explore in the museum’s unique and playful setting.
Lunch hour is only offered for full-day campers. Campers must bring their own lunch. Please pack a snack for each shift of camp that your camper attends, as well as a water bottle. Peanut and tree nut products are prohibited.
- Drop-off for AM camp is from 8:45AM-9:00AM. Doors will close at 9:05AM.
- Drop-off for PM camp is from 12:45-1:00PM. Doors will close at 1:05PM.
- Should the door be closed when you arrive late, please go to the main entrance and request pickup of your camper with the Guest Services staff.
- Guardians, please park in the Heritage Green parking lot and walk your camper(s) to the side entrance where a staff member will be waiting to escort your child inside. Our bus loop is unavailable for drop-off or pick-up. Do not send your child from the parking lot to TCMU without escorting them to the door.
- Heritage Green offers a 15-minute grace period before charging for parking, so you will not be charged for dropping off your child at camp; however, you will receive a parking voucher during arrival and dismissal. Should you stay beyond 15 minutes, or if Heritage Green asks for payment, you can provide the parking validation.
- After parking in the Heritage Green lot, walk your child along the sidewalk behind Greenville Theatre and the Greenville County Museum of Art to the concrete pad behind TCMU.
- Continue your path on the right side of the outdoor playground until you reach the check-in table. Wish your camper a good day at camp and return to the parking lot to exit prior to the 15-minute grace period expiring.
- Pick-up for AM camp is from 11:45AM-12:00PM. Doors will close at 12:05pm.
- Pick-up for PM camp is from 3:45-4:00PM. Doors will close at 4:05PM.
- Late pick-up is subject to a $10 charge for every additional 10 minutes of supervision.
- Guardians, please park in the Heritage Green parking lot and walk to the check-in table at the side entrance where the camper was dropped off.
- Provide the name of your camper and your photo ID to the staff member, and your child will be escorted to you. Photo ID is required for all adults picking up any child, even parents!
- All campers attending TCMU camp must be potty trained and independent in the restroom.
- Camp staff will not enter the restroom with any camper under any circumstances, or help them dress or undress. Campers must be independent in the restroom, and must be able to alert camp staff that they need to use the restroom if needed outside of regularly scheduled breaks.
- In the event of a potty accident, campers will need to be picked up as soon as possible.
- TCMU does not offer refunds for camp cancellations.
- Camp reservations may be rescheduled for a $10 rebooking fee.
- Camp reservations can be canceled for a credit to be used a maximum of 1 year from the date of cancellation. These funds can only be applied to future TCMU camps and are not applicable to memberships, admissions, store credit, or any other purchases.
- In the event of a cancellation by the museum, funds may be moved to another camp if space is available at the discretion of TCMU, or given as a credit.